Last Saturday I got my butt in gear (with the help of Robin) we made a quick trip to B&Q and picked up two sheets of hardboard, some gaffa tape and a roll of 'No More Nails' double sided tape. I already have a roll of 100% cotton batting that I use for my quilt-making so I just cut it to size plus a couple of inches bigger, ironed it and then laid it flat on the floor with the hardboard on top and gaffa taped it in place all the way around the edges. We then used a few rows of double sided tape on the back of each board and stuck them to the wall side by side! voila, done!
It's not the best budget busting DIY, roughly £20 + the cost of the wadding but it worth it's weight in gold getting things off the floor! The hardboard works really well to make it a nice hard flat surface that you can stick your quilt blocks to and re-arrange for colour placement etc. I've seen some people hang batting up with a curtain pole, so there's lots of other ways to do it - but I wanted a firm surface. I'm amazed at how well things stick to it! It's such a great way of brightening up my sewing room, while being practical :) I love just gazing at my WIP now. Above are the farmers wife blocks I've completed so far - not many!! and some *very wonky* stars I did ages ago. I think the design board will be a good way to motivate me to complete some projects! :)