As I promised last week, I'm back today to share with you all my step by step tea cozy tutorial. The following measurements fit my standard four person teapot. I hope you can follow my instructions easily :) if you have any questions at all, please let me know.
1. Firstly cut the following:
X2 12" x 9" exterior fabric
X2 12" x 9" interior fabric
X2 12" x 9" batting
2. Lay your interior, batting and exterior on top of each other forming a 'sandwhich' as shown above. You need your interior and exterior prints facing outwards. Pin in place.
3. Starting from the centre of this 'sandwhich' begin sewing 1" diagonal line. Repeat this until you have quilted all of it. Repeat step 2 and 3 for the other side.
4. I used a template to cut out my teapot shape, but more easily you can draw around a large dinner plate for the cirular shape at the top. Cut out.
5. Not pictured (as I got a little ahead of myself!) cut out a peice of coordinating fabric for the loop measuring 3.5" x 2.5". Press in half, then fold over the edges to the centre where your crease is, fold again and sew.
6. Lay your two teapot pieces right sides together, with your hanging loop folded in half (so it's poking through the exterior). Sew 1/4" all the way around the circular top.
7. Cut a peice of coordinating fabric for your binding measuring 27" x 2.5". Press in half width-ways.
8. Sew your binding on, and you are done!
I hope you enjoy this! Please send me a picture if you decide to make one, I'd love to see your variations :) See ya' soon! Jessie, xo